Hey Yah All

Ella Here, I'm a golden lab and mastiff mix. I've been adopted by a family of four.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Dog with a Gripe

Alright I have some gripping to do. Yes, dogs generally are forgiving and mans best friend. But most dogs haven't heard the story The Call of the Wild. We are only half way through but I've learned a lot already. First of all, people books are gruesome and second a dogs got to do what they've got to do. Today this dog has to gripe.

My day started like most others I bark at the owner for two hours to let me out. She is a hard sleeper but this isn't my gripe I'm getting to that. Then she gets up wakes the kids, lets me out, feeds me, and runs around the house doing who knows what. While I play with the kids in between the mom calling them. She'd make a wonderful herding dog.

Then she stuffs me in the kennel before leaving the house. I think, oh it's another one of these days. So I lay down and reminisce about the summer of chasing kids and riding in the van. Then chew on the bars for a bit. Going on to nibbling on my tail, the darn thing gets a bit itchy. And my day drags on. Then in comes Pipers owner. She takes me out and I am with Piper outside it's fun at first then it's kind of an irritation. Why does she get the longer leash? It's my land! I'm in charge here I should have more running room. Grrrr.

The kids soon come home and it's my favorite time of day. There's running, cuddling, wrestling, screaming and barking. All out wild time.

Then my owner gets home and doesn't give me a how do you do. Just goes in with bags. Bags mean food!  I'm E X C I T E D.  I've been nearly wasting away while Piper tells me all about her owner feeding her at noon and giving her treats for sitting. My stomach is gurgling and I'm thinking of the dog in that book taking down the pain in the butt dog. But I keep it to myself as I bark at my owner but nothing. So I lay down and try to ignore my sister pouring out stories of going here and there with her owner. "My owner would be lost without me" Piper barks happily. Ugh. Despite my irritation we play wrestle and drink out of the same water bowl. She's my sister after all. I'll forgive her this time.

Me and Piper a little tangle (always someone to untangle us- we have them trained)


What I'm having trouble forgiving is what happens next. My owner walks out with food. In my bowl and what does she do? She pours some of it out for Piper first. First!! Did she learn nothing about dogs in that book? I'm Top dog here and should be treated as such. Sure I got more than Piper, sure I got the actual dish but she went first. Come on!! That is my gripe. Who wouldn't be upset?

That's not all. I heard something a while ago about my name but I didn't understand it. Well I do now and it's got me all kinds of upset. They named me after another animal. My owners favorite animal. I suppose you all already have guessed what it is. Well good for you but I just today found out what it is and what it looks like. I may not look like a golden lab but I certainly don't look like an elephant either!  This is a picture of me on the day they got me do I look like an elephant?


Ok so I am a little wrinkly but those will iron them selves out. I'll give it to you that my nose curls down a little but come on. What? the ears too?? No! I don't look that much like an elephant. I look like a dog. Period.

Now that I have let it be known that I too can complain. I'm ready for a romp around the house and am going to try to lick every ones face in one night. The kids are easy it's the mom that will be a challenge. I love my family BARRK!

Doggy Kisses all around
Ella

No comments:

Post a Comment